Atlas Obscura Hidden Union Station Tour #7
This event has reached capacity. Feel free to add your name to the wait list in case of cancellations.
In 1907, the opening of Washington, DC’s magnificent Union Station energized the city and forever changed how Washingtonians traveled.
Over a century later, the multimodal station still buzzes with travelers and history. Join the Atlas Obscura Society DC, in partnership with the National Trust for Historic Preservation and Union Station Redevelopment Corporation, as we discover the secrets of this Daniel Burnham masterpiece.
While climbing up steps and going through doors to venture into areas where the public is not normally granted access, we will also learn what is being done to preserve this venerable hub of DC transportation for years to come.
• This tour will take about 2 hours and will consist of a considerable amount of walking.
• We recommend taking public transportation. The metro red line stops at Union Station.
• For those driving, free vouchers for parking in the Union Station parking garage are available.
• Attendees will be emailed the meeting location prior to the event.
• This is a family-friendly event!