20th Anniversary Bike to Work Day
The Washington, DC region’s 20th Anniversary Bike to Work Day is on Friday, May 21, 2021. At pit stops in DC, MD, and VA, you can take part in this free event for a healthy and safe way to start your day. Even if you will be working from home in May, get exercise by biking to a T-shirt pickup point (pit stop) and then head back home to work for the day. The first 15,000 people who register and arrive at a pit stop by bike will receive a free T-shirt. Staggered hours and a strict COVID policy will be in place.
Precautions will include:
• Zero tolerance mask enforcement;
• Food and beverage policy with no-contact tables and factory sealed goods;
• Pre-selected check-in times for staggered arrival times, with 25 to 30 bicyclists per half an hour timeslot; and
• Social distancing requirements including six-foot distancing, one-way traffic flow, hand sanitizer stations, and appropriate signage.
The pit stops closest to Union Station are:
• NoMa at Wunder Garten (7:30 am to 9:30 am at 1101 1st Street NE, corner of L and First Streets NE)
• Old City Market and Oven (7:00 am to 9:00 am at 522 K Street NE, Corner of 6th and K Streets NE, across from J.O. Wilson School)
• Mt. Vernon Triangle at VIDA Fitness (6:00 am to 11:00 am at 445 K Street NW, Between 4th and 5th Streets NW)
• Capitol Hill at House Office Buildings (7:00 am to 10:00 am at South Capitol and C Streets SW)
• Capitol Hill at Eastern Market (7:00 am to 10:30 am at Eastern Market Metro Plaza, 8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue SE)