Union Station Redevelopment Corporation Director of Finance and Administration
What is Union Station Redevelopment Corporation?
Union Station Redevelopment Corporation (USRC) was established in 1983 as a nonprofit, private organization to oversee the redevelopment of Washington, DC’s Union Station and the areas in its immediate vicinity. USRC is also charged with ensuring that the station prospers as a historically maintained, mixed-use urban, and multimodal transportation center, while protecting the federal government’s interest in the property.
The Director of Finance and Administration reports to the President and CEO and the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing finances, all administrative functions, and special projects, as assigned, to ensure the overall health of the organization and its ability to fulfill the mission of preservation of the historic Union Station facility. Major areas of responsibility include accounting, finance, property and facility management, human resources, and project management.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position
• Prepare the annual budget.
• Prepare a five-year financial forecast, including revenues, other income, expenses (operating and capital), net cash available, and status of reserve funds and pledged revenues.
• Monitor Capital Maintenance Reserve Fund disbursements and overall fund procedures.
• Manage the annual audit process.
• Manage payroll processing.
• Oversee Union Station Parking Garage and Bus Deck operations, including assignment tracking through to completion, operational issues, maintenance, capital improvements, review of monthly financial data, and review/approval of annual budgets.
• Perform project management for short- and long-term projects, including development of requests for proposals (RFP), management of bid process/contract negotiations/construction, and close-out.
• Oversee human resources administration, including recruitment, payroll, benefits, and 401(k).
• Administer the procurement process from the development of an RFP, distribution to bidders, bid analysis, preferred bidder selection, and management of the project through close-out.
• Oversee office support functions, including preparation of materials for Board of Directors meetings, information technology, risk management, and office policies and procedures.
• Manage relationships with the intercity bus operators.
• Serve as the back-up to the President and CEO, when necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, public administration, or a related field.
• Ten years of work experience in finance, budget, or program administration with at least five years of supervisory experience.
• Ability to multitask and be flexible while meeting numerous deadlines in a small team environment.
• Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, public administration, or a related field.
• Prior experience as a Chief Financial Officer.
• Prior experience working for a nonprofit organization with a Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of how a major multimodal transportation and retail center operates.
USRC offers a generous benefits package, which includes health insurance, paid federal holidays, vacation days, sick leave, commuter benefits, and a retirement savings plan with a matching contribution.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, currently, USRC staff are primarily teleworking. When it is deemed safe, there will be a requirement to return to work in the office.
Please submit a cover letter with your salary expectations and your resume via email to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Union Station Redevelopment Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.