Union Station Redevelopment Corporation Program Assistant (Full-Time)
Union Station Redevelopment Corporation (USRC) was established in 1983 as a nonprofit, private organization to oversee the redevelopment of the federally-owned Washington Union Station. USRC is also charged with ensuring that Union Station prospers as a historically-maintained, urban, multimodal transportation and retail center, while protecting the federal government’s interest in the property. USRC is currently looking for a Program Assistant.
The Program Assistant position will be responsible for the support of projects and programs within USRC’s portfolio. The position’s primary roles and responsibilities will be:
Project Management Assistance
- Assist USRC project managers with a variety of Union Station projects and programs;
- Assist project managers with responding to unforeseen problems and issues;
- Participate actively in field work to gather data and collect information on existing conditions associated with active and planned projects in and around Union Station;
- Organize and maintain project files and track the review of project documents by various stakeholders;
- Coordinate and manage meeting schedules, locations, and submission deadlines for project materials; and
- Input project data into the project management database, including, but not limited to, project budgets, contracts, schedules, and invoices.
Union Station Security and Operations Oversight
- Engage various station stakeholders on security and maintenance initiatives;
- Coordinate monthly station operations and security-related meetings;
- Track participation and action items, distribute agendas, and take detailed meeting notes;
- Manage station walkthroughs, which involves tracking and reporting on a monthly basis; and
- Assist with building code and fire and life safety issues.
- Maintain a contract list that tracks contract requirements, terms, and conditions; and
- Track and collect insurance certificates for USRC and bus deck contracts.
- Identify grant opportunities and assist with grant applications;
- Participate on procurement evaluation committees for projects, especially those funded with grant resources;
- Provide timely responses to questions from grant agencies; and
- Establish a grant database, which includes all grant applications, deadlines, and submission processes and reporting, tracking, and closeout of grant awards.
The position will have several secondary roles and responsibilities relating to office scheduling and administrative support. These include:
- Manage the President and CEO’s schedule and calendar,
- Assist the President and CEO and other employees with administrative tasks as needed, and
- Assist with the scheduling of various project meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities and be a team player.
- Ability to analyze facts, draws conclusions, and recommend a course of action.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in transportation/urban planning and policy, multimodal stations, historic preservation, and other related fields.
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to use a project management database or software.
- Experience working on capital construction projects, building management, or other related fields.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in the field of contract administration, grant/project management, office administration, or a related field. Candidates must work well in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, prioritize duties as a situation demands, and work well in a small team environment.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000
Benefits and Compensation:
For full-time employees, USRC offers excellent benefits, including:
- Health insurance,
- A retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution, and
- Commuter benefits.
Additionally, all benefit-eligible employees have 10 paid holidays, 13 vacation days, and sick days.
Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should include your availability and salary requirements. The position will remain open until filled.