Full-Time Program Assistant Position
Union Station Redevelopment Corporation (USRC) was established in 1983 as a nonprofit, private organization to oversee the redevelopment of the federally-owned Washington Union Station. USRC is also charged with ensuring that Union Station prospers as a historically-maintained, urban, multimodal transportation and retail center while protecting the federal government’s interest in the property. USRC is currently looking for a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant will be responsible for the support of projects and programs within USRC’s portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Management Assistance
• Assist USRC project managers with a variety of Union Station projects and programs
• Organize and maintain project files and track the review of project documents by various stakeholders
• Coordinate and manage meeting schedules, locations, and submission deadlines for project materials
• Input project data into the project management database, including, but not limited to, project budgets, contracts, schedules, and invoices
Union Station Security and Operations Oversight
• Engage various station stakeholders on security and maintenance initiatives
• Coordinate monthly station operations and security-related meetings
– Track participation and action items, distribute agendas, and take detailed meeting notes
• Manage station walkthroughs, which involves tracking and reporting on a monthly basis
• Assist with building code and fire and life safety issues
• Maintain a contract list that tracks contract requirements, terms, and conditions
• Track and collect insurance certificates for USRC and Bus Deck contracts
• Identify grant opportunities and assist with grant applications
• Establish a grant database that includes (1) all grant applications, deadlines, and submission processes and (2) reporting, tracking, and closeout of grant awards
Office Scheduling and Administration
• Manage the President and CEO’s schedule and calendar
• Assist the President and CEO and other employees with administrative tasks as needed
• Assist with the scheduling of various project meetings
• Process USRC invoices for payment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities and be a team player
• Ability to analyze facts, draws conclusions, and recommend a course of action
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Interest in transportation/urban planning and policy, multimodal stations, historic preservation, and other related fields
• Experience with or willingness to learn how to use a project management database or software
• Experience working on capital construction projects, building management, or other related fields
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in the field of office administration, contract administration, or a related field. Candidates must work well in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, prioritize duties as a situation demands, and work well in a small team environment.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000, depending on experience
Benefits and Compensation:
For full-time employees, USRC offers excellent benefits, including:
• Health insurance,
• A retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution, and
• Commuter benefits.
Additionally, all benefit-eligible employees have 10 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and sick days.
To Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should include your availability. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.