Friends of Tanner Park Inaugural Meeting
116 T Street NE (across from McKinley Technology High School)
The NoMa Parks Foundation is building Alethia Tanner Park. Did you know that, just as Swampoodle Park has Friends of NoMa Dogs to take care of the dog park there, Tanner Park will also need a “friends of” organization?
If you would be interesting in joining such a group, Friends of Tanner Park will be holding its first meeting on Wednesday, June 12 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Summit at St. Martin’s (116 T Street NE, across from McKinley Technology High School). The discussion will focus on these topics:
• How does Friends of Tanner Park function?
• What are its mission and goals?
• What roles/responsibilities does it have?
• What will be the relationship between affiliate groups (Green Spaces DC, DC Department of Parks and Recreation, Eckington Civic Association, and NoMa BID)?
• What is the scope of the Friends of Tanner Park mandate – just the dog park or something more?
A successful public park benefits from engaged local residents. We hope that some of you will join the Friends of Tanner Park effort.