Staff Accountant Job Opportunity
Position: Staff Accountant
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Role: USRC is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing financial reports, and performing other accounting duties as required. The candidate should have a strong understanding of accounting principles and be able to work independently.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Maintain financial records and prepare financial reports,
- Perform account reconciliations,
- Assist with budget and closing processes,
- Conduct internal audits,
- Maintain accounts payable documentation.
- A degree from an accredited university in the field of accounting (preferred) or related field,
- 2-3 years of relevant experience,
- Ability to prepare detailed financial analysis,
- Able to participate in the monthly closing process,
- Willing to process accounts payable and accounts receivable,
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Packages,
- Ability to reconcile reports to the General Ledger,
- A high degree of integrity with a strong work ethic,
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well with all levels of the organization,
- Ability to learn and take instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on qualifications. Comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision coverage, Health Savings Account, 401K and separate pension plan, both with employer match, and commuter travel benefits.
Contact Information: Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. No calls please.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
USRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
PDF Version: USRC_Staff Accountant_10012023