Job Posting – Project Analyst
Position: Project Analyst
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Role: The Project Analyst reports to the President & CEO. The Project Analyst is responsible for managing, supporting, and delivering portfolio of projects to ensure the overall health of the organization and its ability to fulfill the mission of preservation of the historic Washington Union Station multi-modal transportation hub. Duties include: financial analysis, project management, administration and real estate transactions.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Oversees all finance functions and activities including reporting, analysis, and financial consolidation.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets; Manages and completes the month, quarter and year-end close in coordination with outsourced accounting firm
- Assists with loan compliance and all external reporting
- Coordinates annual financial audits with outside auditing firms
- Provides all necessary information and interfaces with outsourced accounting firm in conjunction with bookkeeping and tax filings
- Develops internal strategy and provides recommendations on improvements to internal controls processes where necessary
- Real estate transactions
- Monitor Capital Maintenance Reserve Fund disbursements and overall fund procedures
- Monitor and track Station Expansion Project budget, deliverables, and milestones
- Assist with direction and oversight of design/engineering/development teams in support of the Station Expansion Project
- Compiles all components of materials to be presented at board of directors’ meetings
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in real estate, finance, budget, or program administration.
- Experience with the development of complicated, multi-stakeholder, allocation methodologies
- Experience developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively interact with various levels of the organization, including high-level board members, as well as with outside vendors and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to synthesize work product into an executive level presentation format
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on qualifications. Comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision coverage, Health Savings Account, 401K and separate pension plan, both with employer match, and commuter travel benefits.
Contact Information: Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. No calls please.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
USRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
PDF Version: USRC Project Analyst job posting 11172022